Pages

Thursday, September 22, 2011

2011-09 September



Priscilla & Tom's Ministry Newsletter

Sharing God's Love with Chinese Students
In the Washington DC Universities
September, 2011


                       
Tom Hsu and Priscilla Yang    
22704 Lamoreaux Landing Sq
Ashburn, VA 20148

* Did you know that there are 1.3 billion people in China?
* Did you know that is 1/5 of the world's population? 
* Did you know that God has brought 150,000 Chinese students and visiting scholars to study in our universities?
* Did you know that God is doing a great work in the hearts of the Chinese?
* Did you know that He wants you to be involved in what He is doing?



God is Merciful


Recently one of my friends had been troubled. She planned to visit her dying mother and later attend her funeral, but her husband suddenly needed the heart surgery and she had to stop her plans twice. Of course, she missed to see her mother, but she was with her husband all along through his emergent surgery. If she had left early, her husband might have left helpless when the heart problem happened.


Recently some students gave me challenge questions. First, how could I have extra time to attend Bible study after my heavy academic work and study? It is God's mercy to let us focus on our own plans and leave God behind. If God withdraws his protection from us, the problems will come one by one. We have to change our focus to these unexpected, and afterward we are left exhausted to face our precious plans. 


Second, why could God allow bad things to happen? Of course, God does not want bad things to happen, but God has to give us tests. God is merciful. God will punish the bad and comfort the righteous. God guides us as the gardener trims the trees to produce well and present a wonderful garden. 


My dear friends, have you been touched by His mercy? He is always there for us. Have you opened your heart to Him?

703-203-1441 (c)


China Outreach Ministries Campus Staff at:

  • George Washington University
  • Georgetown University
  • American University
  • Johns Hopkins in Washington DC

September, 2011
Priscilla & Tom’s Ministry Newsletter

Pray for Priscilla & Tom

I felt God’s protection and mercy so often this past year. I know that He is always taking care of our family!


I had some trouble with my hearing last year. I was very worried and afraid I might lose my hearing. One time I prayed about this and asked Him to heal me so that I could play music for my friend’s wedding, but He didn’t. As I started to play the piano at the wedding, I felt very peaceful and protected. He told me, “I am with you. Why do you need to ask for healing? Won’t you trust me?” I felt ashamed that I had such little faith in Him.


God is still stretching our faith. Right now, we need an additional $2,000/month for this ministry. Pray that God will raise up new supporters. Maybe He will ask you?

Pray for a New Believer

Ten years ago the 911 attacks shocked the whole country and the world. Within an hour more than 2,900 people died, more than 6,000 injured, and over 3,000 children lost parents. 


This year 2011, however, we celebrated the new birth of four believers at Christian Fellowship Church, Ashburn on the same day. God shew his mercy and saved their souls among lost people. Their believer and non-believer friends came to witness their baptism. One of them flew from California. Uncle James and Aunt Tai-li baptized them into the Lord.


Of course, baptism is the starting point of their journey with the Lord. Among them one is still looking for a job, and one still depends on personal diligence. We have different issues of old self, but we as the Body of Christ. We should encourage one another to follow God's steps and wisdom. 




“Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid. The LORD, the LORD himself,
is my strength and my defense; he has become my salvation.”     Isaiah 12:2

To become a partner in this ministry, please send a check to the COM office and make it payable to
“China Outreach Ministries”. Be sure to include a note that it is for Priscilla Yang’s ministry.
You can also donate online at www.chinaoutreach.org.

China Outreach       Ministries 555 Gettysburg Pike, Suite A-200       Mechanicsburg, PA 17055


No comments:

Post a Comment