Pages

Saturday, August 6, 2011

2011-08 August



Priscilla & Tom's Ministry Newsletter

Sharing God's Love with Chinese Students
In the Washington DC Universities

August, 2011


                       
Tom Hsu and Priscilla Yang    
22704 Lamoreaux Landing Sq
Ashburn, VA 20148

* Did you know that there are 1.3 billion people in China?
* Did you know that is 1/5 of the world's population? 
* Did you know that God has brought 150,000 Chinese students and visiting scholars to study in our universities?
* Did you know that God is doing a great work in the hearts of the Chinese?
* Did you know that He wants you to be involved in what He is doing?




God's Great Love Changes Us

“Why do I need to believe in Christ?” One of students asked us this question while we visited in her apartment.


I wanted to know what she really thought, so I asked her, “Do you think Jesus’ teachings are good? Do you read the Bible just because it is good literature?” Knowing what is good is important, but just having knowledge doesn’t change a person's heart.


She also asked about our conversions. Tom and I had the same struggle as many of these students when we made our decisions to accept the Lord. However, God's love and mercy called us to Him. Jesus was willing to be a sacrifice for us. He is God, but He humbly came to earth to save us.


Christ's love touched us. His sacrificing love changed our hearts and brought us hope. I explained this to her and said that many religions may help people to do what is right, but no one can change us like Jesus does. His love is so wonderful. He gives hope to our life and our future.


My dear friends, have you been touched by His unfailing love? He is always there for us. Have you opened your heart to Him?

703-203-1441 (c)

China Outreach Ministries Campus Staff at:
  • George Washington University
  • Georgetown University
  • American University
  • Johns Hopkins in Washington DC

August, 2011
Priscilla & Tom’s Ministry Newsletter

Pray for Priscilla & Tom

I felt God’s protection and mercy so often this past year. I know that He is always taking care of our family!


I had some trouble with my hearing last year. I was very worried and afraid I might lose my hearing. One time I prayed about this and asked Him to heal me so that I could play music for my friend’s wedding, but He didn’t. As I started to play the piano at the wedding, I felt very peaceful and protected. He told me, “I am with you. Why do you need to ask for healing? Won’t you trust me?” I felt ashamed that I had such little faith in Him.


God is still stretching our faith. Right now, we need an additional $2,000/month for this ministry. Pray that God will raise up new supporters. Maybe He will ask you?


Praise God for a New Believer

Three years ago, I promised God that I would disciple two to four Christian students every year. A couple of months ago, I prayed that God would lead some students to be willing to study the Bible with me. The following story shows how God answered this prayer!


In May, we went to a retreat with 22 GW students. After the retreat one of students decided to become a Christian. All of the Christians felt happy for her! When I asked her if she wanted to study the Bible with me? She said, “Yes!”


One day while studying the Bible, she told me that she was so moved by God’s love and His wonder. God began changing her a lot. She joined our GW student fellowship and continues to ask a lot of questions. She needs your prayers that she will grow in Christ’s love and find a good church where she will be nurtured in her Christian life.



“Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid. The LORD, the LORD himself,
is my strength and my defense; he has become my salvation.”     Isaiah 12:2

To become a partner in this ministry, please send a check to the COM office and make it payable to
“China Outreach Ministries”. Be sure to include a note that it is for Priscilla Yang’s ministry.
You can also donate online at www.chinaoutreach.org.

China Outreach       Ministries 555 Gettysburg Pike, Suite A-200       Mechanicsburg, PA 17055


No comments:

Post a Comment