Pages

Monday, May 23, 2011

2009-05-30, Tom


Dear brothers and sisters in the Lord:

Greetings from Tom Hsu. May peace and grace of the Lord be with you. Currently my family lives in Ashburn, VA. My wife Priscilla Yang is a piano teacher. We have three boys Bright, Concerto and Debar. They are in the elementary school. Our children are the treasure of the Lord. They love to Bible stories and prayer.

1. My New Ministry 

I joined to Impact Bible Studies (IBS) in March 2006. IBS is a Christian campus ministry to serve Chinese students in college campuses of America. The major activities of IBS are: annual evangelistic conferences, monthly gospel dinners, Bible study training, Bible interpretation training, evangelism training, co-workers training, visitation, counseling, preaching, and promotion of IBS. Most of activities are held in the Mid-Atlantic area. Pastor David Chen is my supervisor and mentor, and helping me to serve in different college campuses.

I thank God because He has been faithfully guiding me in His ministry. I graduated from Baptist Bible Seminary, VA in 1999. Before the graduation I had one-year internship in Kossuth Street Baptist Church, IN. The major ministry at that time was the campus ministry to Purdue University students. After graduation God led me to Chinese Bible Church of North Carolina, NC as internship minister in 2000 for two and half years, and Chinese Christian & Missionary Church, VA as associate pastor in 2003 for another two years.

2. My Updates

The ministry policy of IBS is to work with local churches for student ministry. After I joined to IBS in 2006, I visited some churches in the greater DC area, and also promoted my ministry in churches in New York. In August of 2006 I gradually joined to "Chantilly Bible Church" (CBC), VA. I also moved 16 boxes of books from IBS' bookstore in Pennsylvania to my place in Virginia. The book sales will help IBS financial burden and local Christians.

In October of 2006 I also joined to a Bible study group at Georgetown University (Living Stream Christian Fellowship, LSCF) which met at Wednesday noon. Since January of 2007 I started to lead the youth group of HCCC for six months until I had to meet the IBS director more often during the weekend. In August of 2007 I joined to a Bible study group of George Washington University students (GWCBS) which met every Friday evening. In Fall of 2008 LSCF joined to GWCBS because many of their coworkers relocated and GWCBS opened its ministry to more churches and campuses.

3. Payer Requests 

My current target is the Chinese students of George Washington University. Please pray for my ministry so that I may be fully used by God to lead people to the Lord and strengthen people in the faith. Also pray for me to have more opportunities to promote my ministry in different churches, and sell books for IBS' bookstore.

Furthermore, the financial supports of IBS mainly come from teaching and donation, and I do need a financial support. If you are willing to support me financially, you may send a check. Thank you.

In Christ
Tom Hsu




Brochure of My Students Ministry

IMPACT BIBLE STUDIES (IBS) (1999-2010)

A. WHO WE ARE
    Impact Bible Studies (IBS) is a Christian campus ministry called by God to serve Chinese students in college campuses of America.There are about 200,000 of them separated in different colleges. Most of them are non-Christians. Our burden and mission is to share with them God's love and His wonderful messages.
B. OUR ACTIVITY
    Visitation, counseling, preaching, training
C. OUR BUDGET & FINANCIAL RESOURCE
    Preaching, training Free-will donation Chinese Christian books sale
There are around 400 Chinese students in George Washington University. Most of them never hear the gospel before they come.



MINISTRY OF TOM HSU

A. WHY I CHOSE THE CAMPUS MINISTRY
  • Student are zealous for the truth
  • Some gifted students become murders.
  • Lectures on campus attack the Bible.
B. MY RECENT UPDATES
    2006 ........................................
  • March, I joined to Impact Bible Studies.
  • May, attended Young Adult Fellowship of Harvest Chinese Christian Church
  • October, joined a Bible study group at Georgetown University

    2007 ........................................
  • January, led the youth group of Harvest Chinese Christian Church, for six months
  • August, joined Bible study group of George Washington University

    2008 ........................................
  • August, 10 students joined COM retreat
  • October, 15 students joined apple pick
  • November, started a tennis fellowship at a student apartment

    2009 ........................................
  • February, brought 6 students to ski at Whitetail Resort
  • March, brought 15 students to the trip to Philadelphia May, brought 13 students joined the ISI conference at Buffalo, NY
C. MINISTRY PLAN
    Motto: Thankful, Useful 
  • Contact students     - phone call, visitation, sports
  • Care their life     - weekly shopping, monthly dinner, seasonal outing
  • Invite them for one-to-one discipleship
  • Invite them for Bible study groups
D. PRAYER AND SUPPORT
    Please pray for my ministry.If you are willing to support me financially, you may send a check.

No comments:

Post a Comment